Shining the spotlight on male survivors – free training places Friday 29th March
Date: 29th March 2019 Time: 9.30am to 4:30pm
Venue: Manchester Chamber of Commerce, Manchester
Duncan Craig and the board of Trustees of the Male Survivors Partnership would like to invite practitioners to attend their inaugural symposium on male survivors of sexual abuse, rape and sexual exploitation.
The Male Survivors Partnership is a consortium of sexual abuse, rape and sexual exploitation support organisations that offer specialist support to boys and men across the UK, working together for the purpose of generating healing.
The symposium aims to shine the spotlight on the issue of male survivors; will look at where support for males fits into the history of the sector; highlight current work and research; and share insight into emerging trends and horizon scanning. It will bring together Male Survivors Partnership members from across the UK, commissioners, leaders in the field, law makers and decision makers in order to share knowledge and offer a unique insight in to the consortium and the work being completed.
This symposium is suitable for:
- Police and Crime Commissioners
- NHS England (Health and Justice) Commissioners
- Local Authority Commissioners
- Clinical Commissioning Group Commissioners
- Directors/Head of Commissioning
- Commissioning Managers
- Partnership Managers
- VAWG Leads (in commissioning organisations)
- Contract Monitoring Managers
- Sexual Violence Strategic Leads (in commissioning organisations)
- those working with Male Survivors.