Seven minute briefings – resources for all
We have introduced ‘seven minute briefings’ to allow managers to deliver a short briefing to staff regarding on key topics – they can also be used to support reflective discussion with practitioners.
7 minute briefings are based on a technique borrowed from the FBI! Research suggests that seven minutes is an ideal time span to concentrate and learning is more memorable as it is simple and not clouded by other issues and pressures. Their brief duration should also mean that they hold people’s attention, as well as giving managers something to share with their staff.
Clearly such short briefings will not have all the answers, but it is hoped that they will act as a catalyst to help teams and their managers to reflect on their practice and systems. The expectation is that team leaders will present briefings to their staff, on a regular basis – seven minutes is manageable in most services so why not discuss one in your next team meeting?
Thanks must go to our colleagues in other partnerships (in particular Lancashire, Knowsley & Rochdale) for sharing this innovative learning tool.
Our briefings will be issued on a regular basis, providing a mixture of new information or a reminder of basic information with challenge for teams to think about the application to practice within their teams. Partners and subgroups are encouraged to draft a briefing and submit it for publication – find out more in our MSP 7MB Process guide.
The briefings can be downloaded from the table below; we have also provided text only versions as these may be more suitable for some learners.
We also publish a 7 minute briefing a part of each Safeguarding Adult Review (SAR) and Serious Case Review (SCR) learning pack – these can be found in the Safeguarding Adult Review resource and and Serious Case Review resource.
We encourage all agencies to record or evidence how they have used our 7 minute briefings on the MSP 7MB Action Plan proforma.
7 Minute briefings – pictorial style versions
A to Z list of pictorial 7MB:
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) MSP 7MB
- Child to Parent Violence and Abuse 7MB
- Clare’s Law – Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme MSB 7MB
- Coercive Control MSB 7MB
- Criminal Exploitation MSB 7MB
- Dark Web MSB 7MB
- Emollients and smoking MSB 7MB
- FGM – MSB 7MB
- Honour Based Violence MSB 7MB
- Information Sharing MSB 7MB
- Levels of need and response framework MSB 7MB
- Manchester Complex Safeguarding Hub MSB 7MB
- Modern Slavery & Human Trafficking – what to look out for MSB 7MB
- Prevent Referral in Manchester MSB 7MB
- Private Fostering MSB 7MB
- Rented housing in Manchester- private landlords & the social sector MSB 7MB
- Safer Sleep for Infants MSP 7MB
- Safeguarding Adult Reviews (SAR) MSB 7MB
- SAR Screening Process MSB 7MB
- The Toxic Trio MSB 7MB
7 Minute briefings – text only versions
A to Z list of text only 7MB:
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) MSP text only 7MB
- Clare’s Law MSB text only 7MB
- Coercive Control MSB text only 7MB
- Criminal Exploitation MSB text only 7MB
- Dark Web MSB text only 7MB
- Emollients & smoking MSB text only 7MB
- FGM mandatory reporting MSB text only 7MB
- Honour Based Violence MSB text only 7MB
- Information Sharing MSB text only 7MB
- Levels of Need MSB text only 7MB
- Manchester Complex Safeguarding Hub MSB text only 7MB
- Modern Slavery MSB text only 7MB
- Prevent Referral in Manchester MSB text only 7MB
- Private Fostering MSB text only 7MB
- Rented Housing MSB text only 7MB
- Safer Sleeping MSB text only 7MB
- Safeguarding Adult Reviews MSB text only 7MB
- SAR Screening Process MSB text only 7MB
- The Toxic Trio MSB text only 7MB