Forms & guidance for practitioners
Referrals for social work support
Practitioners should complete the online form available on the MCC website at www.manchester.gov.uk
Children & Families Practitioners
Practitioners who have identified a child in need of help, support or protection should telephone 0161 234 5001 to speak to specialist social care and early help staff.
Practitioners will be able to discuss their request promptly, efficiently and securely – and will be able to access social work advice and guidance about the next steps and the right option for the child and their family.
Practitioners calling the service can help to make the most of the conversation by having the following details ready:
- the child’s presenting needs
- what they or their service have already done or where they have accessed support
- ensuring that they have consent from the family to talk to Children’s Services.
Allegations Management (Designated Officer) referral form
Child Protection Conference reports
Domestic Violence & Abuse assessment and referral form
Early Help referral form
SAR referral form
SCR referral form
Trafficking referral process
Government Guidance – what to do if you are worried about a child
- social care practitioners
- health practitioners
- early years practitioners
- school staff (both teaching and non-teaching)
- police officers
- local authorities.
It applies to people working in the:
- statutory sector (organisations set up, controlled and funded by the government)
- voluntary sector (not for profit organisations)
- independent sectors (organisations funded by the clients who use the service).
- the signs of abuse and neglect to look out for
- the action to take if you think a child is being abused or neglected.