MSCB business documents
Download or view the business documents of the former Manchester Safeguarding Children Board.
MSCB Vision and strategic priorities
The MSCB Vision: Every Child in Manchester is safe, happy, healthy and successful. To achieve this we will: be child-centred; listen to and respond to children and young people; focus on strengths and resilience and; take early action.
Our overarching strategic priority is: to be assured that safeguarding is effective across Manchester.
- to be assured services for children and young people are targeted, responsive and efficient
- to do all we can to help children and young people lead happy, healthy and productive lives
- to learn from SCRs and other reviews and listen to the views of children and young people
- to ensure we have processes to audit our work and to measure its effectiveness and impact
- to demonstrate collective leadership across the Board and subgroups.
Priorities for 2018/19:
- our key priorities are:
- engagement and involvement
- complex safeguarding
- neglect (child & adult)
- we will support and challenge our partners against each priority
- strong and effective governance and accountability are fundamental to assurance.
Our key functions:
- learning & development (including reviews and investigations)
- quality assurance & performance improvement
- communication & engagement
- standards, policy & practice.
Download the MSB Business Plan (published July 2018)
Manchester Safeguarding Standard
MSCB Annual Report for 2018/19 – CURRENT
The report provides a rigorous and transparent assessment of the performance and effectiveness of local services; including areas of weakness, the causes of those weaknesses and the action being taken to address them as well as other proposals for action.
Previously published MSCB Annual Reports
Published MSCB Board minutes
Copies of published MSCB Board minutes can be found on our minutes pages.